Oct 9, 2007
Software Process and
Show 19 features an interview with Dave Garmus discussing IFPUG Function Points.
David Garmus is one of the Founders of The David Consulting Group (DCG). David is an acknowledged authority in the sizing, measurement and estimation of software application development. He is a Past President of the International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) and a member of their Counting Practices Committee. Mr. Garmus is also a member of PMI, SEI and QAI. He has a BS from UCLA and an MBA from Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration. He has spoken at numerous conferences and has written many articles and several books, including:
· Measuring The Software Process: A Practical Guide To Functional Measurements, Prentice Hall, 1996
· Function Point Analysis; Measurement Practices for Successful Software Projects, Addison-Wesley, 2001
· IT Measurement; Practical Advice from the Experts, Addison-Wesley, 2002 as a Contributor
· “IT Metrics and Benchmarking," Cutter IT Journal, June & November 2003 issues, Guest Editor
· “Identifying Your Organization’s Best Practices," CrossTalk, June 2005
· “An Introduction to Function Point Counting," Projects & Profits, ICFAI, June 2005
· “The Principles of Sizing and Estimating Projects Using IFPUG Function Points," Software Tech News, June 2006
The essay is titled “Stockholm Syndrome and Outsourcing." The text of this commentary can be found at www.tcagley.wordpress.com. Comments and corrections are welcome.
Remember that comments and feedback are welcome!
There are a number of ways to share your thoughts . . .
Email SPaMCAST at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voice messages can be left at 1-206-888-6111
Twitter – www.twitter.com/tcagley
BLOG – www.tcagley.wordpress.com
On October 11 I will be presenting a DCG / CAI Webinar titled Benchmarking Performance for the Bottom Line - October 11th, 2007, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EST go to www.davidconsultingroup.com website to register.
On Tuesday November 13th I am presenting Traceability: A Proposal for a Scalable Approach, Agile To Formal at the Fourth Annual International Conference on Software Process Improvement in Orlando. Information can be found at www.icspi.com. On November 16th I will be delivering a tutorial titled “Implementing an Effective Measurement Program." Spamcast listeners should let me know if you are coming and we can schedule a meet up.
Next Software Process and Measurement Cast:
The next Software Process and Measurement Cast will feature Part 1 of the interview with Dave Garmus covering IFPUG Function Points, if you are interested in functional measurement this is a must cast.