Oct 21, 2007
Software Process and
Show 20 features Part 2 of an interview with Dave Garmus discussing IFPUG Function Points. David Garmus is one of the Founders of The David Consulting Group (DCG). David is an acknowledged authority in the sizing, measurement and estimation of software application development. He is a Past President of the International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) and a member of their Counting Practices Committee. Mr. Garmus is also a member of PMI, SEI and QAI. He has a BS from UCLA and an MBA from Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration. He has spoken at numerous conferences and has written many articles and several books, including:
· Measuring The Software Process: A Practical Guide To Functional Measurements, Prentice Hall, 1996
· Function Point Analysis; Measurement Practices for Successful Software Projects, Addison-Wesley, 2001
· IT Measurement; Practical Advice from the Experts, Addison-Wesley, 2002 as a Contributor
· “IT Metrics and Benchmarking," Cutter IT Journal, June & November 2003 issues, Guest Editor
· “Identifying Your Organization’s Best Practices," CrossTalk, June 2005
· “An Introduction to Function Point Counting," Projects & Profits, ICFAI, June 2005
· “The Principles of Sizing and Estimating Projects Using IFPUG Function Points," Software Tech News, June 2006
The essay is titled “Tailoring and Worktypes." The text of this commentary can be found at www.tcagley.wordpress.com. Comments and corrections are welcome.
Remember that comments and feedback are welcome!
There are a number of ways to share your thoughts . . .
Email SPaMCAST at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voice messages can be left at 1-206-888-6111
Twitter – www.twitter.com/tcagley
BLOG – www.tcagley.wordpress.com
On Tuesday November 13th I am presenting Traceability: A Proposal for a Scalable Approach, Agile To Formal at the Fourth Annual International Conference on Software Process Improvement in Orlando. Information can be found at www.icspi.com. On November 16th I will be delivering a tutorial titled “Implementing an Effective Measurement Program." Spamcast listeners should let me know if you are coming and we can schedule a meet up.
Next Software Process and Measurement Cast:
The next Software Process and Measurement Cast will feature an interview with Miranda Mason of Accenture on sourcing metrics programs. Sourcing your metrics program is not a topic that gets a lot of press however the practice is becoming more common and bears examination.